Wednesday 6 March 2013

Pokéjournal 002


Pokéjournal 002
 And thus the adventure begins!


The Three Stater Pokémon

-Oh what, Prof Elm would like to speak with me? Umm, ok sure thing.
-Mom: “Do you know how to use your Pokégear?” Yes I do. Continues to explain how it all works anyway. Gee, thanks Mom.
-Go and talk with Prof Elm, somehow even though the guy’s super important and has some assistants of course no one has any time to go and see what Mr. Pokémon has to show them. Oh well he’s gonna give me a Pokémon to go with me so I’m ok this running this errand.

-So now we get to the big question... which Pokémon do I chose? Cyndaquil the fire Pokémon, Totodile the water Pokémon, or Chikorita the grass Pokémon?  Not going to be Chikirita, why? Because it’s got just about nothing going for it, no type advantage for any of the gym’s that you first face up against, and also it doesn’t look as cool as the other two. So that leaves Cyndaquil or Totodile. (Whose of you that are reading Mario’s blog, he goes on to say that picking Cyndaquil is like choosing the easy mode for the game, and I mostly agree that it does make the game easier in the beginning because of the type advantage, mostly in Sprout Tower as there all grass types and in the second gym which is all bug/grass types which Cyndaquil is able to handle which out much difficulty.) Even though it’s gonna make the first little bit easier if I use Cyndaquil, I’m still gonna pick him as my starter for several reasons.
               1-     My first Pokémon ever was the starter Pokémon Charmander from Red version way back in the day so I’m partial to fire starters. ( Now that I think back I can see how that was the hardest Pokémon to start with back then as your first two gym’s where Rock and Water, which Charmander had a heck of a hard time with. Had to level him up forever to get him strong enough for those two gyms)
                2-     Mario already has a Totodile (which I belive is now a Fegaligard fyi) so as were both trying to get all the Pokémon later on we can throw our starters plus a ditto to get a egg and trade the two so that we both get the two starters... now to just find a trainer that likes Chikorita...
               3-     My team that I’m planning already has some descent water Pokémon and a Totodile would make it to water heavy. It would be better for me to limit the number of water Pokémon so that I’m able to make a nice balanced team.

Thanks Creppy Old Guy!
 -So going with a Cyndaquil, heading to Mr. Pokémon’s house. Nothing much happened on the way there, taking my time exploring the area and getting into lots of battles with some wild Pokémon.
-Talked to some old guy in Cherrywood, he gave me a tour around the city, complained that I was slow so he gave me a pair of running shoes. How did he know what size I wear, kinda creapy. Off to continue to Mr. Pokémon’s when the stranger runs up and tell me he wanted to give me a map card for my Pokégear. Sweet, know I shouldn’t get lost on this crazy adventure.
-Got a apricorn case on the way to Mr. Pokémon’s house. Thanks random stranger.
-Got and Egg from Mr. Pokémon and a Pokédex from Prof Oak. Thanks! :) Now to head on home so that I can relax and watch tv and other stuff kids these days do. 
Pokémon Eggs!
-Bring... bring...  Oh no Keith... It’s just terrible, a Pokémon has been stolen! Please get back here as soon as possible.
-So Prof Elm got one of his new rare Pokémon stolen. What am I supposed to do about it? Hmmm... Oh well off I go heading back to New Bark Town. Still taking my time to battle wild Pokémon so I can level up my awesome Cyndaquil.
-Random Trainer “I’m going to be the world’s greatest Pokémon trainer.. here let me show you”.  Sends out level 5 Totodile. Keith sends out level 10 Cyndaquil. Leer... Tackle...Tackle. Totodile Fainted. Yeah that’s right Totodile, ain’t got nothing! (yes that was directed to you Mario)
-Get back to New Bark Town and get to name my rival... hmmm, what to name him. Gonna go with my classic favorite... ASSFACE. Yeah I like that name, sounds like the name of a worthy rival. But seriously, does anybody actually name them something normal?
-Gave my mom 2000$ so save for me and spent the rest on 5 Pokéballs. Time to catch me some Pokémon.
-Made it to Violet City. Beat 3-4 trainers on the way there and got two peoples numbers. Nice. One of them is going to call me whenever he finds berries and give them to me. Which Equals... Bonus!
-Run thought the Sprout tower without much trouble. Thanks Cyndaquil, you are pretty awesome. While I was there caught a Gastly as it was night time. Also picked up TM 70 Flash, which I’ll put in my pack and not use for awhile.
Now do I go and take care of the gym leader Falkner and his bird pokemon? Part of me really wants to just go in there and kick his butt and move on to the next town but I’m really trying to create a full team and raise all of them. So it’s off to route 31 and 30 and dark cave to catch some Pokémon. So caught a zubat, geodude, furret, 2 bellspouts, ekans, wooper, hoothoot, rattata, pidgey and a mareep. Also went a look around the Ruins of Alpha and cought myself a Unknown (the letter i btw).
-Took one of the bellsprouts and traded in for an Onix. When back to the Pokémon Center and through most  of them into the computer.
-Cindaquil Evolved into Quilava!! Looks pretty epic walking around behind me.
- Walk around some more looking for other kinds of Pokémon that I might have missed while leveling up some of the newbies so that I can make myself a balanced team.
-Looked at the time and it’s starting to get late, save the game and come back to it again another day. No bad for a first day of Pokémon I must say. Three of my six party slots have been filled with long term party members! ( Quilava, Mareep, Pidgey) Three more left to find eventually.
Current Stats:
Pokémon caught: Cyndaquil, pidgey, hoothoot, rattata, sentret, weedle, geodude, zubat, ekans, mareep, wooper, gastly, unknow, onix, bellsprout

Pokémon traded: None.
Gym Leader defeated: None.
Fights with Craphat (Rival): One. Kicked his Totodiles butt!

Evolutions: Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava
Pokémon in party: Quilava (17), Mareep (10),  Pidget (11) , Bellsprout (6)
Highest level in party: Quilava, level 17

Lowest level in party: Bellsprout, level 6.
Pokédex: 16
Time played: 4:15


If you haven't check out Mario's blog: Do It!!! There's Some good stuff there.
  Side note: started using my Pokéwalker accessory today. I work retail which means that I`m on my feet pretty much the whole day. After a 6 hour shift accumulated around 12000 steps. Used some of those watts that I generated to catch some Pokémon and find some items. ( Doduo, Nidorina (female) and another Pidgey). Found some kind of berry, a Ice Heal and a Burn Heal. Not a bad catch some walking around while at working. Definitely going to continue to use the Pokéwalker. 


Humerous Pokéwalker Star Wars Merger

1 comment:

  1. Nice start! You're a Pokémon catching machine.

    I regret packing away my PokéWalker. I'll need to set it up asap.

    ReplyDelete