Saturday 9 March 2013

Keith's Pokéjournal 004

So found some time to put a couple of hours into Soul Silver and let me tell ya, the whole bun around leveling Pokémon thing didn't last all that long.

First Gym battle!!! Going to use this nice balanced team that I got going here to kick some butt!!! GO MAREEP! Thundershock those Pokémon.

Bird Keeper Rob "Trainers here train day and night to become the worlds greatest flying Pokémon masters".... Totally explains why you have two lv. 7 Pidgeys. Like come on dude, the wild Pokémon just outside of town are up to lv. 6... Not impressed, oh well two super-effective Thundershocks, two KO's and victory is mine. Now for the gym leader.

OOOOOuuuuuu, Nice dramatic battle intro animation thing they got going here, different music too... Nice touch.
First Pokémon that Gym Leader Falkner sends out. Lv 9 Pidgey vs lv 13 Mareep. Hit tackle instead of Thundershock. Argh! Have to pay more attention, oh well, next thundershock finishes him off. Next is Lv 13 Pidgeotto? So need to find out how these people get Pidgeotto at lv. 13 when he only evolves at lv 18 (or 16?) Not cool or fair for the rest of us.

His first tackles take out 7 damage, so I'm doing to 30/37. My thundershock takes about 1/2 his hit points. Trainer slides out "We can still fly" Not for long my friend. He uses Roost and regains all his health. -_-
Woot Pidgeotto is now paralyzed! A few thundershocks later... I win, plus level up to level 14! (and learn thunderwave)
$1560
Zephyr Badge
TM 51 Roost - restores 1/2 Hp points.

Side note, really like the way the re-did the inside of the gym. They did a good job! :)

Call from prof. Elm.... time to pick up the egg at the Pokemart.

Had some weird old Lady tell me the egg was super important and to take care of it for her? ummm... excuse me lady but this is my egg!!

Off to Azalea Town, battle everyone on the way and try and catch anything I don't have yet.

Marreep evolved into Flaafy! Awesome. Doesn't look as col as mareep while walking behind me though. :(


Made it to Azalea Town. Was able to level up my Psyduck a descent amount while in Union Cave. (water gun works awesome in there btw)




Things sure to look different then the last time that I was here.



Got to town, visit Pokécenter and save progress for now.

Next time... new gym leader, 1st encounter with Team Rocket, and hopefully a make in to Goldenrod City to get me a Radio Card. (I hear that if you play a certain station you can catch different Pokémon)

Till Next Time.


I used a panel from this comic last Pokéjournal and my sister was like, you didn't include the whole thing... So here it is, your welcome Daphne.




1 comment:

  1. "... He's not even shiny..."
    That's hilarious.

    I hate it when you select the wrong move. If it happens more than once I normally change the placement of the moves to accommodate my general battle strategy for that specific Pokémon and it's learn set.

    Also, you're doing pretty good man. It's nuts how fast you filled up your party.

    ReplyDelete